“The Primary Congressional Election” is next month (Tuesday November 4th) this day is incredibly important to all of us and our rights!
Step #1; Get out and Vote!
Here is Mr. Chuck Norris to explain it to you.
Minnesota makes it easy to register to vote!
- If you have not already registered to vote you can do it at the voting station the day you vote, the easiest for most of you is to bring one of the following with you.
- Valid Minnesota driver’s license, Minnesota learner’s permit, Minnesota ID card—or a receipt for any of these.
- There are many other ways also, Please see this link for all of them. http://www.sos.state.mn.us/index.aspx?page=1767
Step #2; who is on your ballot?
Who you will be voting for on the Primary Congressional Election is now available. This means you can see who will be on your ballot and decide who you are going to vote for. The following internet links will enable you to quickly get information about your ballot, your candidates and make an informed decision when you vote.
Start here: http://myballotmn.sos.state.mn.us/
- Enter your “Zip code” and hit the “Go” button.
- Next enter “your house number” and “select your street” form the drop down box, then hit the “Go” button again.
- You will now see the “Candidates for 11/04/2014 STATE GENERAL ELECTION” that will be on your ballot.
- Each group is listed by Title (i.e., Senators, representatives, Governor…) usually you will need to choose only one form each group.
- The closer to the top of the list a group is located (i.e., Senators are at the top this year) indicates more power to make changes to the laws.
- Constitutional amendments by law must be passed by a majority of all of the voters who vote on Election Day. Therefore, if you don’t vote (Leave it blank) on this type of question the effect is the same as a “no” vote.
- I recommend doing a search on http://www.bing.com/ for any candidate you wish to know more about.
- Here are the NRA supported candidates for MN. https://www.nrapvf.org/grades/minnesota/
Thank You All,